Recorded: 10 June 2016
Released: 11 june 2016
Duration: 98 minutes, 44 seconds
download the .mp3 audio file
Host Paul Carr is joined by panelists Adam Smith, Marsha Barnhart, and Nick Nielsen to talk about
the future of human conflict.
- Cyber warfare
- Snowden and the NSA information
- Snowden hero or traitor?
- Drawing the line where cyberwar starts
- Defining warfare
- The cold war and limited war
- War in low Earth orbit and cyber warfare
- Easy and cheap to bring down big expensive satellites
- Anti satellite weapons
- Kessler syndrome
- Weather satellites and the military value of weather data
- Warfighting platforms in space
- GPS and their military value
- Boots on the Ground in space.
- DARPA does proof of concept.
- Asymmetric warfare
- Camouflage and concealment
- Suicide bombers as smart bombs
- The enemy gets a vote
- Counterinsurgency warfare
- Suicide bombers in space?
- Humans really a warlike species? Are we done with big wars?
- What purpose would war in space serve?
- Proxy wars and shadow wars
- Plausible to send large military forces into space?
- Private companies quietly supporting government spying?
- An analogy to Chinese new islands?
- Transhumanism a moral horror? Would it make wealth inequality worse?
- The first CRISPR baby soon? The first cloned baby?
- The great firewall of China
- Weapons in space and the Soviet pistols
- Space the next flashpoint?
- recruiting,nagging, begging
- brief pitch for the Wow! Signal
- Final round of goodbyes
|TheCosmonaut's TP-82 pistol|
NOAA Weather Satellites
The Weather Forecast that Saved D-Day
The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact
Chiquita admits to paying terrorists
NSA Infiltrated RSA Security
AT&T Helped NSA Spy on Internet
The TP-82 Pistol
Chinese Test Anti-Satellite Weapon
The Outer Space Treaty and Lucite Balls
Nick: Alain de Botton: Status Anxiety
Adam: Star Wars Audiobooks: Darth Bane Trilogy
Paul: Raging Bitch
Credits:Host and Producer: Paul Carr
Music: DJ Spooky