- The ideal panelist makes a habit of responding to the Call for Panelists, even if that response is "No."
- The ideal panelist appears on a panel once every month or two on average (about 5-10 times per year), but some times more often and other times less. We will need a bigger participating pool for more people to get closer to this.
- The ideal panelist brings burning questions to the topic at hand, and has had a role in shaping that topic in the topic thread for the episode in question. Familiarity with the topic is necessary, but not expertise.
- The ideal panelist isn't much concerned with proving they are right, or making a point, but in advancing the discussion and asking questions.
- The ideal panelist speaks up, but doesn't try to dominate.
- The ideal panelist helps out promoting episodes she appears in to her friends and followers on social media and elsewhere.
- The ideal panelist has read the FAQ, the protocols, and visits the G+ community about once a week, or more often if possible, sometimes posting interesting material to the community.
- The ideal panelist volunteers to host now and again - maybe 1 to 3 times a year, and executes the host responsibilities competently.
Just so you know.