Recorded: 1 April 2016
Released: 3 April 2016
Duration:82 minutes, 12 seconds
download the .mp3 audio file
Host James Garrison welcomes Mike Mongo, Mike Bohler, and Marsha Barnhart to talk about
|The Project Alpha Perpetrators|
Erratum: It was the Stanford Prison Experiment, not Berkeley.
- The Patterson Bigfoot footage
- Piltdown Man and the Cardiff giant
- P.T. Barnum
- The Sokal Hoax
- Anthropogenic Climate Change - who is being misleading?
- E-mail scams
- Martin Gardner's book "Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science" on pseudoscience and furthering a political agenda
- Pseudoscience on YouTube
- Mike Mongo discusses a student's UFO experience - was he delusional? Marsha is not so sure.
- Some scientists are religious
- Giant spiders
- Flat Earthers
- Hollow moons? Nope.
- Martian caves.
- Johann Beringer hoaxed by his students.
- Project Alpha, Randi and Banachek
- Poetry hoax
- Art hoaxes
- Steve Allen's music hoaxes
Album Cover of one of Steve Allen's Hoax Records
- more discussion of the Sokal hoax.
- Cold Fusion
- Randi exposed Uri Geller who fooled scientists
- Stanford Prison Experiment
- Fitting in with preconceived notions
- Michael Cremo's cherry picking
- More on P.T. Barnum
- What is our current Freak Show? Donald Trump?
- The Microsoft Tweetbot
- Wrap Up and Recommendations
Links:The Museum of Hoaxes
The Patterson Gimlin Bigfoot Film
The Lying Stones of Johann Beringer
The Ern Malley Poetry Hoax
The Paul Jordan Smith Painting Hoax
Hoax Cane Spider
The Microsoft Tweetbot
Recommendations:David Grigg: Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science by Martin Gardner
Marsha Barnhart: practice discernment
Mike Mongo: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
James Garrison: Skeptic's Guide to Conspiracy
Credits:Host: James Garrison
Producer: Paul Carr
Music: DJ Spooky
Post a Comment